Welcome to an acclaimed dining experience. Multifaceted venues provide occasion to dine casually, elegantly or quickly.
A sandwich while watching the game...mouthwatering seafood fresh from Chesapeake Bay... a warm morning muffin...delectable desserts...stunning wines. Taken in the privacy of a guest room or as refreshment between spa treatments, our choices provide guests with the utmost in convenience.
The outdoor terrace is now available for dinner (weather permitting). Discover the ambiance of dining while overlooking the English gardens and lake. Don't worry, there will be heat lamps and fire pits in case you get chilly!
For further information or to provide feedback, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
FATHER'S DAY BRUNCH
Father's Day MANBrunch with Live Music
Celebrate FATHER'S DAY with a MANbrunch on June 16 at the Swan Terrace Restaurant and Terrace Grill.
SPIT ROAST - BBQ - GRILL - BREWS
VINTAGE Cars - MANicures - MANcave
- Seating from 11am until 3pm
- Adults: $34.95 | Children 5-12: $17.95 | Children 4 and under are free
- Dad gets a Founders Inn Beer Mug and the first beer is on us! Free Flow Beer is $10.00 per adult for Brunch diners only.
For Reservations, please call 757.366.5777
*Prices do not include taxes or gratuity.
To view the Father's Day flier, please click here.
TUESDAYS ON THE TERRACE with music from our House Jazz Band
We have Jazzed up our Tuesdays on the Terrace!
Available from 5:30-8:30pm every Tuesday
A delicious Virginia Barbeque with grilled-to-order steaks, fresh seafood and tempting desserts served on the Terrace overlooking the English gardens and lake, and all to the sounds of a House Jazz Band.
- Adults: $22.95 | Children 5-12: $7.95 | Children 4 and under are free*
- For reservations, please call Swan Terrace at 757-366-5777
*Prices do not include tax and gratuity.
MOUTH WATERING MONDAY
June 03 | July 01 | August 05
The first Monday of every month, Executive Chef Scott Simpson opens the doors of the restaurant at 6:15pm exclusively to 40 Mouth-Watering Monday guests. Promptly at 6:30pm, guests take their seats and are warmly welcomed by Chef and his culinary team from the Swan Terrace Restaurant. First course is served. Between each of the 6-courses, Chef Scott interacts with the guests providing details about each dish and the local ingredients specially selected for the evening and the months' theme.
- Each course is paired with a Chef's choice wine from our Wine Spectator award-winning cellar
- Communal style seating
- Reservations required. Please call 757-366-5777 to reserve your seat.
- $59.95 per person*
*Price does not include taxes and gratuity.
Green Is The New Red
In honor of World Environment Day, where the theme this year is REDUCE YOUR FOODPRINT, Mouth Watering Monday will highlight the very best of sustainable and locally grown produce expertly paired with wines from Organic, Biodynamic and Sustainable vineyards’. Swan Terrace will be hosting a ‘Green is the New Red’ Wine dinner on June 3rd . This exclusive dinner will feature a six course menu, each course created using sustainable ingredients, many of which are sourced straight from Virginias back garden.
It promises to be a fun evening!
Sunday Brunch with Music from our Resident Pianist
Enjoy our award-winning Brunch on Sunday which includes a glass of mimosa, a feast of the freshest seafood and a carving station, locally grown fruits and vegetables and tempting desserts, all prepared to perfection, plus an array of children’s activities.
- Every Sunday from 11am-2pm in the Swan Terrace
- Adults: $29.95 | Children 5-12: $7.95 | Children 4 and under FREE*
*Price does not include taxes and gratuity.
DINING VENUES & MENUS
'Fresh, local cuisine with a touch of Southern elegance.'
The award-winning Swan Terrace Restaurant takes guests on a sensory journey inspired by both regional and authentic Colonial dishes. The menu features locally grown fruits, vegetables and the freshest seafood as well as prime beef, lamb and pork prepared to perfection. Dine by the fireplace or alfresco on the lakeside terrace. For a special treat, take advantage of the monthly sommelier-selected wine pairing.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Breakfast - 7 AM - 10 AM
- Lunch - 11 AM - 2 PM Monday-Saturday
- Dinner - 5:30 PM - 10 PM Tuesday-Saturday
- Sunday Brunch - 11 AM - 2 PM
For reservations, please call 757-366-5777
--Swan Terrace Dinner Menu, please click here.
--Swan Terrace Lunch Buffet Sample Menu, please click here.
The Hunt Room at The Founders Inn and Spa serves up American fare in a contemporary setting.
Guests can shoot some pool or watch the game on large plasma televisions as they unwind with friends over a hearty ale or a glass of wine.
Homemade soups, rotisserie sandwiches and brick oven pizzas are some of the menu’s popular items.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Sunday - Thursday: 2pm - 11pm
- Friday & Saturday: 2pm - 12am
For the Hunt Room Menu, please click here.
In Room Dining
Hours of Operation:
- Daily 7am - 10pm
For the In Room Dining Menu, please click here.
EXECUTIVE CHEF SCOTT SIMPSON
Executive Chef Scott Simpson comes to The Founders Inn & Spa from the Capella Hotel Group Solis property in Jamaica, The Palmyra Resort & Spa. Prior to joining Capella Hotel Group in 2008, Scott was the Executive Chef at the J.W. Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa in Arizona. His culinary career began with the Marriott International organization in 1990 as a Specialty Restaurant Chef.
Scott’s culinary and educational backgrounds include training in Florence, Italy at the Guilliano Bugiallis Professional Culinary School as well as the Culinary Institute of America in Napa Valley, California
- Best of Hampton Roads Magazine 2012:
- Best Brunch- Southside Gold
- Overall Best Restaurant- Southside Bronze
- Best Fine Dining Restaurant- Southside Bronze
- Winner of the OpSail Virginia Fleet Chef's Challenge 2012 (click for article)
- Expedia Insiders’ Select List 2010
- Hampton Roads Magazine Stellar Cellar Platinum Award, 2010
- Platinum Plate Top 10 Best Hampton Roads Restaurants, 7 consecutive years to date
- March of Dimes Signature Chef Auction: People’s Choice Award, 2011
- Virginia Wine Masters Program Crystal 5 Stem Award 2009 & 2010
- Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, 2011
- Hampton Roads Magazine 2011 Platinum Plate Award