Welcome to an acclaimed dining experience at The Founders Inn and Spa. Multifaceted venues provide the ability to dine casually, elegantly or quickly.
A sandwich while watching the game...mouthwatering seafood fresh from Chesapeake Bay... a warm morning muffin...delectable desserts...stunning wines...all can be taken in the luxurious dining areas or as a refreshment between spa treatments. Our choices provide guests with the utmost convenience during their stay in the beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia.
The outdoor terrace is now available for dinner (weather permitting). Discover the ambiance of dining while overlooking the English gardens and lake. Don't worry, there will be heat lamps and fire pits in case you get chilly!
For further information or to provide feedback, please contact us at email@example.com
Some of our more recent reviews from Open Table diners include:
- "Great food. Awesome staff. Love this place for brunch" 06/12/13
- "The Swan Terrace is a secret treasure ... service is outstanding, the food is delicious, desserts are fab and its good healthy food" 06/13/13
- "Tuesday on the Terrace is WOW!!! I always enjoy Swan Terrace but Tuesday was amazing" 05/10/13
TUESDAYS on the TERRACE
Tuesdays on the Terrace - June 3rd to August 26th
The Swan Terrace Grill invites you to experience a true Virginia Grill. Join us on the Terrace every Tuesday from 5:30 - 8.30pm as our culinary team serves the best of local seafood, rotisserie & flame grilled meats, house smoked items, seasonal market vegetables and our homemade signature desserts while a local Jazz Band plays favorite tunes till the sun sets.
$27.95 per adult | $15.95 per child (5yrs to 12 yrs) | Children under 4yrs dine free
- Click HERE for more information
Afternoon Tea - Saturdays from 3pm until 4.30pm
Afternoon Tea served from 3-4.30pm
The elegant terrace at The Founders Inn and Spa plays host to Englands most beloved ritual: the taking of Afternoon Tea.
From 3pm until 4.30pm every Saturday, our award-winning culinary team work their magic, ensuring an authentic and memorable experience; from your first sip of Harney & Sons finest specialty teas, right through to the freshly baked home-made scones, savory finger-cut sandwiches and delicate pastries.
Served on the Terrace overlooking the English Gardens and lake, with the melodic sounds of a harp.
- Classic Afternoon Tea - $20 per adult | $10 per child
- Chandon Champagne Afternoon Tea - $29 per adult
A selection of savory finger sandwiches and canapes, delectable pastries, scones and Devonshire clotted cream and lemon curd, served with a pot of Harney & Sons fine specialty teas. For champagne Afternoon Tea a glass of Chandon Champagne will be included.
Prices do not include taxes or gratuity.
SUNDAY BRUNCH BUFFET
Sunday Brunch Buffet with Music from our Resident Pianist
Enjoy our award-winning Brunch on Sunday which includes a glass of mimosa, a feast of the freshest seafood and a carving station, locally grown fruits and vegetables and tempting desserts, all prepared to perfection, plus an array of children’s activities.
- Every Sunday from 11:30am-2pm in the Swan Terrace
- Adults: $29.95 | Children 5-12: $7.95 | Children 4 and under FREE*
*Price does not include taxes and gratuity.
DINING VENUES & MENUS
Swan Terrace Grill
'Fresh, local cuisine with a touch of Southern elegance.'
The award-winning Swan Terrace Restaurant takes guests on a sensory journey inspired by both regional and authentic Colonial dishes. The menu features locally grown fruits, vegetables and the freshest seafood as well as prime beef, lamb and pork prepared to perfection. Dine by the fireplace or alfresco on the lakeside terrace. For a special treat, take advantage of the monthly sommelier-selected wine pairing.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Breakfast - 7 AM - 10 AM
- Lunch - 11:30 AM - 2 PM Monday-Saturday
- Dinner - 5:30 PM - 10 PM Tuesday-Saturday
- Sunday Brunch Buffet - 11:30 AM - 2 PM
For reservations, please call 757-366-5777
--Swan Terrace Grill menu, please click here.
--Swan Terrace Grill Breakfast menu, please click here.
The Hunt Room at The Founders Inn and Spa serves up American fare in a contemporary setting.
Guests can shoot some pool or watch the game on large plasma televisions as they unwind with friends over a hearty ale or a glass of wine.
Homemade soups, rotisserie sandwiches and brick oven pizzas are some of the menu’s popular items.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Sunday - Thursday: 2pm - 11pm
- Friday & Saturday: 2pm - 12am
For the Hunt Room Menu, please click here.
EXECUTIVE CHEF SCOTT SIMPSON
Executive Chef Scott Simpson comes to The Founders Inn & Spa from the Capella Hotel Group Solis property in Jamaica, The Palmyra Resort & Spa. Prior to joining Capella Hotel Group in 2008, Scott was the Executive Chef at the J.W. Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa in Arizona. His culinary career began with the Marriott International organization in 1990 as a Specialty Restaurant Chef.
Scott’s culinary and educational backgrounds include training in Florence, Italy at the Guilliano Bugiallis Professional Culinary School as well as the Culinary Institute of America in Napa Valley, California
- Swan Terrace Acclaimed For Chesapeake Crab BLT At Sensible Seafood Fest 2013
- Swan Terrace Pastry Chef Wins Virginia Sweet Genius Title 2013
- Chef Simpson's Menu in Patrick Evans-Hylton New Cookbook 'Dishing Up Virginia'
- Best of Hampton Roads Magazine 2012:
- Best Brunch- Southside Gold
- Overall Best Restaurant- Southside Bronze
- Best Fine Dining Restaurant- Southside Bronze
- Winner of the OpSail Virginia Fleet Chef's Challenge 2012 (click for article)
- Platinum Plate Top 10 Best Hampton Roads Restaurants, 7 consecutive years to date
- Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, 2011
- Hampton Roads Magazine 2011 Platinum Plate Award
- March of Dimes Signature Chef Auction: People’s Choice Award, 2011
- Expedia Insiders’ Select List 2010
- Hampton Roads Magazine Stellar Cellar Platinum Award, 2010
- Virginia Wine Masters Program Crystal 5 Stem Award 2009 & 2010